Being single. Dating. Falling in love. Falling out love. Searching for "the one." Getting married. Trying to stay married. Divorced. Widowed.
Most of us have questions about all of these things:
- How do I find the right one?
- Should I give up on dating?
- How do I get my spouse to be more responsive to me?
- How do I get my spouse to meet my needs?
- How do I figure out my spouse's needs and meet them?
- How do we start talking in a way that doesn't lead to a fight?
- How do I spice up the sex life in my marriage and rekindle what we had when we got married?
- Is there any hope for my marriage that feels like it is falling apart?
- How do I teach my kids about dating, love and sex?
- How do I pick up the pieces of my life after a divorce?
What most of us fail to realize is the impact that our dating and marriage has on our lives. Who you spend your time with, who you end up with, your marriage, who and how you date, will have a greater impact on your life than almost any other decision you make.
Sadly, many people settle for a mediocre marriage or bounce from one dating relationship to the next instead of working at a great marriage or figuring out a Godly way to date and look for a spouse. We look for that someone special to do what that someone special can never do. It isn't from lack of desire or want. Often, it is just easier to take the path of least resistance. To settle.
But what does it take to have a strong marriage? To fall in love and stay in love? How do you date in a way that honors God while not giving away your heart and body?
To answer these and countless others, starting at April 5, we will begin a new series called You & Me: Being Single, Falling in Love, & Staying Married.
May 24: What A Husband Does (Song of Solomon 6:11-7:9)
May 31: What A Wife Does (Song of Solomon 7:10-8:4)
June 7: 'Til Death Do Us Part (Song of Solomon 8:5-14)
To send an invite to a friend on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, go HERE.